By the time my wife decided she'd like to see this gig, the tickets had sold out. Alerts on Twickets had proven fruitless, but I luckily searched Ticketmaster at the right time to snag two resales, albeit with service fees adding almost the price of a whole ticket to the cost. It was worth it, though, just to see the big, beaming smile on my wife's face when I told her why we couldn't go to the cinema on Wednesday night. The Odyssey would need to wait.
On Tuesday, the rain was torrential, but we lucked out, and it stayed dry tonight. It was chilly once the sun set, so I was glad I'd worn my jacket. So much for the heatwave.
Confession time: I'm not much of a Mika fan. I can appreciate his art, but musically, it doesn't touch the places that rock music reaches. That being said, his charm and energy won me over. It was a great concert. He loves performing. The fans danced, waved their arms, and sang along in all the right places. My back ached, and I had a giant in front of me, his head higher than my eye level despite me being the next step up.
A special moment occurred during Big Girls (You are Beautiful) when Mika joined us in the audience. He paused a few feet from us to request that everyone let go of their inhibitions and dance like they were at the Butterfly Lounge. Having stoked the crowd, he ran along our row right in front of us to continue singing amongst the crowd.
My wife said it was her best concert of the year so far, even better than her faves, Take That. I couldn't argue - it was her favourite. My only gripe was he didn't play the piano, remaining the frontman for the entire show. And for that reason I preferred his intimate show at SWG3 earlier this year.
A snippet of Happy Ending
![]() |
| The view from the coffee queue |
![]() |
| Coffee Prices |
![]() |
| support act |
![]() |
| Mika can see all our faces. |
Setlist:
Modern Times
Eleven
Relax (Take It Easy)
Ice Cream
We Are Golden
Spinning Out
Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
(Mika performed in the crowd)
Popular Song
Science Fiction Lover
Lollipop
Origin of Love
Happy Ending
Elle me dit
Grace Kelly
Love Today
Outro music -Spinning Out (Instrumental)
(Original face value £65) purchased 27/7/26.
Preshow Music (from when we arrived):
Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Ce Ce Peniston - Finally
Miley Cyrus - Flowers
Lady Gaga - Just Dance
Lily Allen - Smile
Spice Girls - Wannabe
Bruno Mars - Locked Out of Heaven
Hanson - Mmmbop
ABC - Poison Arrow
Duran Duran - Girls on Film
Billy Ocean - Love Really Hurts Without You
Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club
Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Murder On The Dancefloor
Dizzee Rascal - Dance Wiv Me (song cut short to play...)
Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
Yazoo - Don't Go
The Weeknd - Save Your Tears
OK Go - Here It Goes Again
Bee Gees -Night Fever
Candi Staton - Young Hearts Run Free
Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancin'
Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head
Interval Music
Mac Miller & Empire Of The Sun - The Spins
Madonna - La Isla Bonita
Janet Jackson - All For You
Yazoo - Situation
Haute & Freddy - Shy Girl
Johnny O Vs Ann Lee - I Need You
Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers
Inner City - Good Life















.jpg)
.jpg)





.jpg)


.jpg)





.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment